Thursday, November 5, 2009

WHAT CAN I GET YOU? A BARTENDER BRAINSTORMS


Hey again...Joe here. This post is more as if my fingers are taking dictation from my brain; off the top of me head. I bartend at DT Kirby's here in downtown Lafayette Indiana. If you're unfamiliar, it's a very cool neighborhood, conversation bar and restaurant. By conversation bar, I refer to the fact that we don't have music as an element of DTs. Don and Trish, the owners, are proud to have the only quaint bar in town where one can have conversation first, without talking over a jukebox, band, etc.It is unique, and, appreciated by many.The atmosphere is very welcoming, the food amazing, and overall it has a pretty cool staff. I love working there.
I work late night Mondays (8-3?), and Tuesdays 9-3. Mondays right now are a mixture of Monday Night Football fans and regulars drinking. Tuesdays, I host what I call TUESDAZE where I show comedy movies, stand up routines, tell jokes, etc. It's fun, though I think it'd be more fun to have a bigger amount of laughers show. So, I am trying to promote my shifts. Here's what I am inquiring of you:
What types of activities would you enjoy DTs offering on late night Mondays and Tuesdays that would increase you and your friend's desires to go out there.I'm open to suggestions. I want those nights to have an element of fun, and I'm looking for something different. Cards?? Board Games?? Trivia?? Is there a particularly good program on TV on Mondays or Tuesdays that you think might be fun to watch weekly together??
So there's my question. DTs has some of the most affordable drinks in town, THE best sandwiches and dogs, friendly staff, food til close, etc etc etc.....Now, I ask you "to help me, help you." (Jerry McGuire)
Sincerely looking forward to making a night out like you want,
Joe

1 comment:

  1. Joe, if I lived there I would come in weekly just to see your smiling face.

    ReplyDelete