Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Uncommon Sense


OK...so, you've seen the title of my blog. That being noted, I ponder the following: Is it just me, or does the use of making bad personal decisions these days seem to outweigh using common sense for most?? I'm by no means the smartest guy in the word, but, I've always prided myself on my use of decent decision making...(barring a couple of beer induced isolated incidents.) As a bartender of two decades plus, I don't exaggerate when I say that I've "heard it all"...from crimes commited, infidelities, lies, regrettable acts, etc etc etc. Though there is a degree of enjoyment from hearing these things, I usually recollect later in my head with phrases like, "What an idiot", and, "Idiot", and,"What a big idiot" to name a few. My observations lead me to believe that perhaps people are so bored or disappointed in their existence, that they decide (consciously or not) to go the route of drama and self destruction. The unspoken bartender "law" is kind of like Vegas....I'm a confidant of sorts, who is there to listen and comment, but, not expected to disagree too much. I'm really tired of that method. I've decided I'm going to start using more directness in relaying my concerns over one's absense of COMMON sense. I won't be mean, but, real. I would expect the same to be returned to me as well. As I said, I'm no rocket scientist, but, just an overly observational thinker, who feels perhaps he could enlighten a few repeat offenders of missing sense. I digress.
I hope Plaxico Burress, Rush Limbaugh, and Jon n Kate read this. Peace.

2 comments:

  1. I'll tell you what: AMEN.

    Feel free to let me have it. I'll cry, but I'll trust you. ;)

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad decisions/choices make the BEST stories!

    ReplyDelete